Can I change my Umail address to use my name?
A dedicated webpage for information about COVID-19, containing FAQ’s, can be accessed here
Yes. You can request an alias for your Umail account by logging a support call with Student IT Support
This alias will be your name. You can ask for a specific alias but if this is not available/suitable, one will be allocated to best suit your name. Please allow up to 48 hours for your request to be processed.
Once you have an alias created for you, you can start using it by:
- Log into your Umail account ( https://umail.ucc.ie ).
- Click the settings icon (cog) on the right-hand side underneath UCC icon.
- Click “Accounts”.
- In “Send mail as”, add the alias that was created for you.
You can view what aliases you have available by:
- Click UCC icon on right-hand side.
- Click “Google Account”.
- Click “Personal info”.
- Click “Email” inside the contact info section.
If you cannot find the answer to your question or if you need additional support, send us a query by logging in here.
Last Updated: Nov 14th 2019 -