How do I set up my email account on my phone?
For Android 3.0+ Devices:
- On your home screen press the menu button and choose Settings > Add account > Google
- Choose Existing
- On the Email and Password page press the menu button and choose Browser sign-in
- Press OK to agree to Terms
- Enter your email address email@example.com and leave the password field blank
- You'll be redirected to the edugate login page. Enter your username and password here
- Touch Grant Access if you're asked to grant access for the device
- Your account will be added to your Android device. The next screen displays Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, and other Google services syncing with your device. You can choose which services to sync.
First step is to set up your 2-step verification account, here's how to do this:
- Logout of all Gmail / Google accounts before beginning this process
- Go to http://sit.ucc.ie and click on Umail
- Enter your student number and password
- When your email opens click on your username (student number) in the top right of the screen and from the drop down menu choose Account
- Choose Security from the menu on the Account page and then choose to Edit 2-step verification
- An explanation of 2-step verification will open. Choose See how it works! to start the wizard
- On the next screen choose Start setup >>
- Enter your mobile phone number and press Send code. Note: All verification codes will be sent to this number!
- A six digit code will be sent to your mobile. Enter this code and press Verify
- Leave the Trust this computer check box checked and choose Next
- Press Confirm to Turn on 2-step verification
- Under Application specific passwords choose Manage application-specific passwords
- Enter a name for the application e.g. Mobile Device and choose Generate password
- Use this 12-digit code to seup Google sync (using active sync) on your mobile phone. Once your phone has connected successfully click Done
- The code is now hidden and you cannot see it again. You have control over the password and can revoke it at any time from your account settings page. If you need to setup your phone again or a new phone revoke the old password and create a new one
Once you have set up your 2-set verification account follow the below steps:
- Setup your account as an Exchange account, NOT Gmail with your student number followed by @umail.ucc.ie
- Server: m.google.com
- Domain: (leave blank)
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cannot find the answer to your question or if you need additional support, send us a query by logging in here.
Last Updated: May 13th 2019 -