How do I apply for a leave of absence from my research programme?

You can use the Research Registration Change Request Form to request a leave of absence. Applications will be considered only if supported by the supervisory team and the Head of School in advance of leave being taken. In the case of illness, an application should be made as soon as practically possible and accompanied by medical certification.

Retrospective leave will only be granted where a student has not been registered, or has been on certified sick leave and has not received supervision or used university facilities during this period. On return from the leave of absence the student must contact the Graduate Studies Office (thesissubmission@ucc.ie) in order for the registration to be reactivated. When a leave of absence is approved, the approval time for registration will be extended by the period of time for which the leave was granted.

Please familiarise yourself with UCC's webpages for research students.  

If you cannot find the answer to your question, or if you need additional support, contact us:

Last Updated: Apr 29th 2021 - Keywords: Leave   Absence   Break   Pause   Research   Programme   PhD   Track   - Views: 3664

Go Back