How can I change from a PhD to a Research Masters or vice-versa?

It is possible to change from a Research Masters to a PhD (or vice-versa). Please note it is not possible to change from a taught programme to a research programme or vice-versa.

In order to change your programme you will need to complete a  Research Registration Change Request Form and get this signed by your supervisory team and head of school.  In certain you may will need to complete a progress review before you will be able to change from one programme to another. Once you have submitted the Change Request Form, the relevant School/College will consider your request and we will email you once a decision has been made with details of completing your new registration. Your student record will then be updated.

Please familiarise yourself with UCC's webpages for research students

If you cannot find the answer to your question, or if you need additional support, contact us:

Last Updated: Dec 5th 2019 - Keywords: change   registration   phd   masters   upgrade   exit   - Views: 583

Go Back