Why can't I register for the next year of my research programme?

You will receive an email to your umail account when registration is open for the next year. If you try to register before receiving this email, you will not be able to do so. If you are blocked from registering, it may be because you have an outstanding fee balance from the previous year and this needs to be cleared before you can register for another year. It may also be on account of one of the following reasons:

  • you require an extension to your current registration period
  • you are returning from a leave of absence
  • you have completed two years full-time on a PhD track

In these cases you will need to complete an online Research Registration Change Request Form and have an up-to-date progress review, where necessary. You will need to get this change of request form signed off by your supervisory team and head of school.  Once you have submitted the Change Request Form, the relevant School/College will consider your request and you will be emailed once a decision has been made. Your student record will then be updated and you will be able to register. 

Please familiarise yourself with UCC's webpages for research students

If you cannot find the answer to your question, or if you need additional support, contact us:

Last Updated: Dec 5th 2019 - Keywords: register   next year   research   registration   - Views: 629

Go Back