What supports can I get from the Disability Support Service?
Firstly you need to register with the service. Please note that provision of appropriate medical verification is essential. Depending on the nature of the disability and a needs assessment, there are a number of services and supports that the student can avail of.
- Alternative Exam Arrangements
- Lecture Capturing
- Access to an educational assistant
- Transport support for students with a mobility difficulty
- Learning Support • Assistive Technology Assessment and Training
- Access to text in Alternative Formats
- Specific support for placement
- Note taking/Tutor Support
- Alternative Exam Arrangements (extra time, scribe, separate room, etc.)
- Dyslexia Support
- Assistive Technology
- Assessment and Training Texts in Alternative Formats
For more information please click HERE.
If you cannot find the answer to your question or if you need additional support, send us a query by logging in here.
Last Updated: Jan 2nd 2019 -