What can UCC Career Services offer students?
UCC Career Services assists students in fulfilling their career ambitions in a number of ways:
- Careers advice: Students of all undergraduate and postgraduate degrees can avail of free, confidential careers advice consultations with professionally qualified careers advisors. We love to see first and second year students - the earlier the better! You can book an appointment with a careers advisor on our website using your UCC log-in details.
- Careers events: Students can attend free careers events such as careers workshops, jobs fairs, roadshows and company presentations, which are all invaluable ways to meet employers and learn more about career opportunities. We also provide open and course-specific careers modules and workshops on a range of topics from job search skills to CV writing to interview preparation - encourage your lecturers and/or class representatives to contact us if you'd like a careers workshop for your class.
- Careers information: Students can avail of a wealth of relevant information on the UCC Careers Services website, including reports of the destinations of graduates of all undergraduate programmes in UCC, psychometric questionnaires accessible to UCC students only, and guidance on CV, interview and assessment centre preparation.
- Work experience: Students can apply for 40-hour internships through the "UCC Works" award scheme which is available to all students, and an annual volunteering fair is run each year, advertising 100s of volunteering opportunities. Furthermore, the work experience element of most accredited work placement modules in UCC is organised by UCC Career Services.
- Graduate jobs: 1000s of job opportunities are advertised each year on the UCC Careers Services job vacancies website, which is accessible to UCC students only.
If you cannot find the answer to your question or if you need additional support, send us a query by logging in here.
Last Updated: Apr 2nd 2019 -